Get ready for some spooky fun this Halloween season with the best Halloween games and activities inside The Spooky Box! Unveil the thrills packed inside this amazing Halloween-themed learning kit. Filled with math games, literacy activities, monster crafts, and engaging sensory toys, it's a ticket to a frightfully good time for your little ones. Let's explore the enchanted surprises waiting within the Spooky Box!
My Pre-K Box - No prep learning kits for your little ones!
My Pre-K Box is the ultimate educational subscription box for preschoolers aged 3-5! Get ready for loads of fun and learning all in one package! Each box has a cool theme and is packed with different activities to help your little ones with math and reading. They'll have a blast trying out new things, and you'll be happy knowing you're helping them get ready for kindergarten!
What’s Inside The Spooky Box?
Get ready for a spine-tingling and fun learning experience with The Spooky Box! Packed with 3 math games, 2 literacy activities, a monster-themed craft for unleashing creativity, and an adorable Halloween-themed STEM project, it's a thrill for your little ones! My Pre-K Box also includes a helpful Grownup Guide to ensure an amazing experience for both parents and kids. For more Halloween crafts, explore our Craft Lovers Upgrade and discover additional creative projects to keep learning spooky fun!
Activities for Learning Math
1 Witches’ Brew
- Materials: Witches’ Brew game mat, monster eyes, skeleton bones, die
- Game mechanics: In this game, players rush to fill their witch’s cauldron first! Take turns rolling the die and quickly recognize the number of dots rolled without counting—it's called subitizing. Cover the matching number on your cauldron with a spooky item. If you don't have that number, don’t do anything. The first player to cover all their cauldron's numbers wins! It's all about speedy recognition and collecting the right spooky items to win the race!
- About the game: The Witches’ Brew develops multiple skills crucial for kids. Subitizing, or recognizing numbers without counting, sharpens their instant number recognition. It boosts numeral recognition as they match numbers on the die to those on their cauldron. Plus, it reinforces turn-taking, fostering patience and social skills. Counting comes into play if instant recognition isn’t possible, encouraging precise counting to progress!
2 Measuring Monsters
- Materials: Measuring Monsters game mat, Measuring Monsters number cards, skeleton bones
- Game mechanics: Use bones to measure how tall each monster is from head to toe by lining them up on the game mat's line. Count the bones to figure out the height and put a number card next to each monster to show how tall they are. Keep using the bones to measure all the monsters, and remember, you might not need all the number cards. Ask fun questions like who's the tallest, shortest, or how many bones tall a monster is, comparing their heights for a cool challenge!
- About the game: The Measuring Monsters game is a neat way for kids to learn measuring skills by using bones to measure the monsters' heights. They'll practice counting the bones to figure out how tall each monster is and match that to number cards. It's a cool way to boost their counting ability while getting better at recognizing numbers. So, they'll learn how to measure, count accurately, and recognize numbers all while having fun with monsters!
3 Monster Eye Math
- Materials: Monster Eye Math game mat, Monster Eye Math number cards, monster eyes
- Game mechanics: In this game, you'll count to give the monster its spooky eyes using a special game mat with ten spots arranged like a picture frame. There are two ways to play! First, you can pick a card and put the right number of monster eyes on the mat's spots, counting as you go. Or, you can close your eyes while someone else puts eyes on the monster, then try to guess how many there are by counting or just seeing the amount quickly. It's a fun way to practice counting and recognizing numbers while making a monster's eyes look spooky!
- About the game: This game is all about learning to count and recognize numbers with a fun monster twist! Kids get the hang of counting while filling a tens frame with monster eyes, practicing how to represent numbers visually. They'll also improve at recognizing numbers by matching the right numeral card to the number of monster eyes. It's a cool way to learn counting, understand tens frames, and get better at knowing numbers by playing with spooky monster eyes!
Here’s a welcome gift…
Get your spooky freebie here!
Make learning this Halloween season more enjoyable with our Halloween Preschool Fun Pack! It is a collection of Halloween-themed preschool worksheets that focus on developing math and literacy skills. Help your little one master numbers, letters, and a lot more with this free printable from us! Learn more about the Halloween Preschool Fun Pack here, and be sure to grab your free copy!
1 Feed Frankenstein
- Materials: Feed Frankenstein game mat, Feed Frankenstein cards, Feed Frankenstein tracing card, monster eyes or skeleton bones, scissors, pencil
- Game mechanics: To start, make Frankenstein's mouth by cutting out a space on the game mat and folding it up. There are three fun ways to play! First, you can pick a card and find the letter that makes the starting sound of the object pictured, tracing it on a special card and feeding it to Frankenstein. Or, someone can give you a word broken into sounds, and you blend them together to guess the word and feed Frankenstein. Lastly, you can match rhyming words to feed Frankenstein too.
- About the game: This game is all about learning sounds and words in a fun way with Frankenstein! Kids practice recognizing beginning sounds by tracing letters that match the starting sound of pictured objects. They also improve their blending skills by guessing words based on segmented sounds. Plus, they will get better at finding and recognizing rhyming words. It's a cool way to learn sounds, blend words, and discover rhymes with a spooky-fun twist!
2 Haunted House Hunt
- Materials: Haunted House Hunt game mat, Haunted House Hunt cards, skeleton bones, monster eyes, tape
- Game mechanics: Be ready to turn your house into a haunted house in this Haunted House Hunt game! Start by hiding spooky cards around and pretend they're ghosts. Ask your child to find these cards, name the letter on them, and cover the matching ghost on a special mat with bones or monster eyes. Keep hunting until all the ghosts on the mat are covered! It would be fun to play pretend and find and match letters this Halloween!
- About the game: Kids can practice spotting letters in this game by hunting for spooky cards around the house and naming the letters they find. They also get into an imaginative play by pretending their home is a haunted house and they're catching ghosts! Matching skills come into play as they match the letters on the cards to those on a special mat, covering the right ghosts. It's a fun mix of letter spotting, matching, dramatic play, and ghost hunting at the same time!
Want more spooky freebies?
Oh my, a scary witch! And she needs a haircut! Help the witch get a haircut while practicing fine motor skills in this fun and not-so-scary printable. Learn more about the Print & Go Witch Haircut Craft in this blog post, and be sure to grab a free copy now!
Sensory play and crafts
1 Halloween Magnet Craft Kit
Craft your spooky magnets! This Halloween Magnet Craft Kit brings eerie fun with easy-to-make, vibrant Halloween-themed magnets. Perfect for a chillingly creative time!
2 Build a Monster STEM Project
Create your own monster with this STEM project that sparks imagination as you design and build unique creatures using exciting, hands-on materials. Discover your little one’s creativity and explore STEM with monstrous fun!
Craft Lovers Upgrade
1 Spooky Skeleton Giant Sticker Scene
Get ready to get spooky with stickers with the Spooky Skeleton Giant Sticker Scene! Build your own eerie world and create bone-chilling scenes full of skeletons, ghosts, and more in this spine-tingling sticker adventure!
2 Monster Paper Cone Craft Kit
The Monster Paper Cone Craft Kit is a thrilling adventure in creativity. Build your own delightful monsters using colorful paper cones for a frightfully good time!
The Grownup Guide is your go-to companion in navigating the adventures within My Pre-K Box. Tailored for parents and caregivers, this manual provides clear and easy-to-follow instructions, tips, and insights to facilitate the games and activities, empowering you to engage and support kids in exploring the enriching experiences enclosed in the box. From guiding through play-based learning to fostering creativity, this guide is your key to creating fun and educational moments with your little ones.
And that wraps up the spine-chilling delights inside The Spooky Box! We've packed in a bundle of engaging activities, ensuring a ghoulishly good time for your little ones. We hope you've reveled in the math games, literacy activities, creative monster crafts, and sensory play. Remember, there's always more excitement waiting with our Craft Lovers Upgrade. We hope you've had a blast exploring these eerie adventures!
To keep the fun going, use our FREE Halloween Preschool Fun Pack as a follow-up activity, or check out our recommendations for the Best Halloween Activities, Songs, Fingerplays, and Books for Preschoolers! You can even try some of our easy and fun Halloween-themed DIY crafts below!
- Rocking Scarecrow Craft
- Crawling Spider Craft
- Spooky Silhouettes
- Halloween Ghost Craft
- Moon and Bats Salt painting
Did you enjoy your tour inside The Spooky Box? The games and activities are really cute and educational, kids wouldn’t be able to resist playing with them! If you aren’t subscribed yet and would like to know more about My Pre-K Box, check out some of our featured blog posts!
- Apple Harvest Adventures: Learning and Fun with The Apple Box
- Witness Fantastic Games and Activities Inside The Circus Box
- Helping and Learning Adventures at The Community Helpers Box
Why Choose My Pre-K Box?
1 Activities are play-based and learner-centered
Every single activity is well-thought and child-friendly, and ensures learning while having fun!
2 Easy and effortless
If you were the one to research and prepare the crafts yourself, it would be too tiring and time-consuming. But if you subscribe to My Pre-K Box, it will be delivered to your door every month, hassle-free and easy right? You can have more time for fun and quality family time!
3 Affordable prices
The monthly subscription plan costs $38.95 each month. Or you can save more by committing to a 6-month term ($37.95/month) or a 12-month term ($35.95/month). We also have regular promos and discounts! Check out our current promos here, or choose your plan now!
4 High-quality materials
All the contents of the box are carefully selected and are of top quality to ensure the safety of your kids! Most are also reusable, so your child can play it over and over again!
5 Great customer service
100% Happiness Guaranteed! We make sure to give you unparalleled customer satisfaction. If you have a problem, we will solve it. Because as you support our family business, we also treat you like family.
So, what are you waiting for? Subscribe now and start making learning fun for your kids!
We’d love to hear from you! If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, or you just want to share your experiences with The Spooky Box, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Facebook and Instagram pages. While you're at it, show us some love with a LIKE and FOLLOW to stay updated on more thrilling activities to enjoy with your preschooler at home! We can't wait to connect with you there!
Haven’t Tried My Pre-K Box Yet?
My Pre-K Box is the best subscription box for
kids 3-5 years of age!
Everything you need to play, create, explore,
learn, laugh, and enjoy!