The Apple Box brought us loads of fun and learning for kids in the last fall season! How was your experience with The Apple Box? We hope you all had so much fun, and we’re so thankful that it was a hit and got sold out! If you’re curious about what’s inside, it's filled with apple-themed activities like counting seeds, making words with apple letters, and exploring with fresh apple scents. With games and crafts, kids can learn while having a blast! It's a great way for parents and teachers to make learning exciting during the apple season.
My Pre-K Box - No prep learning kits for your little ones!
Introducing My Pre-K Box, the ultimate educational subscription box for preschoolers aged 3-5! Get ready for loads of fun and learning all in one package! Each box has a cool theme and is packed with different activities to help your little ones with math and reading. They'll have a blast trying out new things, and you'll be happy knowing you're helping them get ready for kindergarten!
What’s Inside The Apple Box?
Inside The Apple Box, you'll discover 3 cool math games and 2 fun literacy activities to make your kids smile! Plus, there's a creative apple-themed craft and a sensory toy for hands-on fun. We've made it easy for grownups too, with a helpful Grownup Guide included. If your little one loves our crafts, subscribe to our Craft Lovers Upgrade for even more creative fun!
Activities for Learning Math
1 Apple Patterns
- Materials: Apple Patterns cards, pom pom "apples"
- Game mechanics: In the game, you show a card with colorful apples to your child and say each color (better if you could change the tone of your voice for every color). Then, you pause when pointing at a blank apple for your child to figure out the missing color in the pattern. Your child then picks the right colored pom pom "apple" to fill in the empty spot on the card.
- About the game: The Apple Patterns game helps kids learn about colors and patterns. As they match colors and recognize patterns, they practice important skills for problem-solving and observation. It also encourages listening and following instructions, boosting their focus and attention.
2 Apple Pie Stand Sort
- Materials: Apple Pie Stand Sort game mat, Apple Pie Stand Sort cards
- Game mechanics: This game gives kids multiple ways to play and learn. First, they can freely sort cards into groups by their own ideas, such as colors or shapes. Another way is by giving them a specific characteristic to sort by, like sorting cards based on types of pie crusts or any other feature you choose. Lastly, you can also sort cards and challenge your child to guess the common thing used for sorting, like separating cards with ice cream from those without. It's a versatile game that helps kids practice sorting, think about different attributes, and discover patterns through play!
- About the game: The Apple Pie Stand Sort game sharpens kids' sorting skills, encouraging them to think creatively about how to group items based on various attributes. It boosts their problem-solving abilities as they learn different ways to categorize the cards, whether it's by color, specific characteristics like types of pie crusts, or recognizing patterns set by adults. Moreover, it fosters critical thinking as they analyze and guess how the cards are sorted by others, which enhances their observation and reasoning skills.
3 Pick 'em All!
- Materials: Pick 'em All! game mat, 20 pom pom "apples", spinner arrow, spinner base
- Game mechanics: This game is about harvesting apples from an orchard and filling your buckets. To set up, you create a spinner first with the materials provided. Each player starts with ten pom pom "apples" on their tree. On your turn, you spin the spinner and move according to what it shows: collecting one, two, or three apples from your tree or losing one to an animal. If you lose an apple, it goes back from your bucket to the back of your tree. The aim is to fill your ten buckets from left to right, top to bottom, being the first to pick all ten apples and fill your buckets completely to win the game!
- About the game: The Pick 'em All! game helps kids practice counting and strategic thinking as they aim to fill their buckets with ten apples. Using tens frames helps them visualize numbers and understand quantity. They learn turn-taking, following directions from the spinner, and making choices based on the spinner's actions. Additionally, they develop patience and decision-making skills when choosing how many apples to pick or removing an apple “stolen” by the animal, fostering a mix of math, social, and cognitive abilities.
Get ready for an apple-themed freebie!
Here’s your welcome gift!
If you got The Apple Box, this FREE Apple Preschool Fun Pack goes best with it! Use it as a follow-up activity for more apple-themed fun. The Apple Preschool Fun Pack includes 8 adorable apple-themed worksheets focusing on math and literacy development for young learners Read more about the Apple Preschool Fun Pack here, and download it now!
1 Cider Syllables
- Materials: Cider Syllables long cards, Cider Syllables cards, pom pom "apples", glue or tape
- Game mechanics: To start the game, help your child prepare three cider glasses representing words with 1, 2, and 3 syllables. Then, start by picking a card showing a word, such as "sunflower," and break it down into syllables by clapping for each part. As they clap, place a pom pom "apple" on the table for each syllable. Next, ask them to count the apples to figure out how many syllables are in the word. Finally, they sort the card into the glass that matches the number of syllables in the word. This engaging game not only teaches about syllables but also reinforces segmentation skills and helps kids visually understand how words can be broken down into smaller parts.
- About the game: The Cider Syllables game helps develop phonological awareness in kids as they learn to segment words into syllables, enhancing their understanding of word structure. Through clapping and counting syllables, they refine their counting skills too. Sorting words into cider glasses based on syllable count sharpens their sorting abilities and visual recognition of word patterns and numbers.
2 Bobbing for Apples
- Materials: Bobbing for Apples game mat, Bobbing for Apples spinner card, pom pom "apples", spinner arrow, spinner base
- Game mechanics: To start the game, players will spin the spinner and name the letter along with its sound, like saying, "The letter L makes the /l/ sound." They then find a picture on the game mat that begins with that sound, such as "l-l-l-ladybug," and cover it with an apple pom pom. This continues as they spin for each letter sound, matching it to pictures until all the pictures are covered.
- About the game: The Bobbing for Apples game reinforces kids’ understanding of beginning sounds by matching letters to pictures. They learn about the alphabet by associating letter sounds with specific images on the game mat. Using apple pom poms to cover pictures also supports their fine motor skills, and enhances hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
Lovin’ The Apple Box?
Here’s another gift for your preschooler!
A is for Apple, a-a-apple, a-a-apple, A apple! 🎶 If you want your little one to learn more about the letters of the alphabet, you’ll surely love our Alphabet Workbook! This pack of printable worksheets can help your child enjoy while learning all the big and small letters. Get it now for FREE!
Sensory play and crafts
1 Making Apple Crisp
Engage in the sensory delight of Making Apple Crisp! Using recipe cards, oatmeal, pom pom “apples”, and pipe cleaner “cinnamon sticks”, set the scene for some cooking fun! Lay out kitchen tools for added play, and present the “ingredients” to your child. Guide them through the recipe, as you count and add ingredients to the pan. You can also pretend to “eat” the delicious apple crisp together, and share the joy with their favorite dolls, action figures, and stuffed friends!
2 Apple Orchard Picture Frame Craft
One of the best ways to preserve your fondest autumn memories is by crafting a delightful Apple Orchard Picture Frame! Design and decorate a charming frame featuring colorful apples, ideal for displaying your favorite moments from the apple season.
Craft Lovers Upgrade
Can’t get enough of these irresistible apple-themed crafts? Check out the Craft Lovers Upgrades for The Apple Box!
1 Apple Tissue Paper Sign Craft Kit
Make colorful apple decorations using special and colorful tissue paper with our Apple Tissue Paper Sign Craft Kit! They're perfect for decorating during the autumn season and can be easily accomplished by your little learners.
2 Apple Orchard Door Hanger
Complete the autumn vibe by welcoming the apple season at your door with our Apple Orchard Door Hanger craft! Craft a delightful hanging decoration adorned with colorful apples, adding a cheerful touch of fall to welcome guests at your door.
The Grownup Guide is a helpful tool for grownups like parents or caregivers. It shows how to do all the fun stuff in My Pre-K Box. With clear instructions and tips, it helps adults play and learn together with kids. It's like a map for making learning and playing really cool!
And there you have it—all the adorable contents of The Apple Box! We hope you had a blast exploring these engaging activities, from math games to creative crafts, designed to make learning during this apple-filled season an absolute delight. Keep enjoying the apple-scented fun and learning every step of the way!
To keep the fun going, here are some apple-themed crafts that your preschooler will surely love! Check out this blog for awesome apple-themed crafts as follow-up activities for The Apple Box!
Did you have fun exploring The Apple Box? The games and activities are all amazing, educational, and so much fun that kids won't want to play them all day! If you're not yet subscribed to My Pre-K Box and want to learn about our other exciting boxes, take a peek at some of our featured blog posts.
- Helping and Learning Adventures at The Community Helpers Box
- Witness Fantastic Games and Activities Inside The Circus Box
- Dive Into Learning at The Ocean Box: The Best Ocean-themed Activities for Preschoolers
Why Choose My Pre-K Box?
1 Activities are play-based and learner-centered.
Every single activity is well-thought and child-friendly, and ensures learning while having fun!
2 Easy and effortless
If you were the one to research and prepare the crafts yourself, it would be too tiring and time-consuming. But if you subscribe to My Pre-K Box, it will be delivered to your door every month, hassle-free and easy right? You can have more time for fun and quality family time!
3 Affordable prices
The monthly subscription plan costs $38.95 each month. Or you can save more by committing to a 6-month term ($37.95/month) or a 12-month term ($35.95/month). We also have regular promos and discounts! Check out our current promos here, or choose your plan now!
4 High-quality materials
All the contents of the box are carefully selected and are of top quality to ensure the safety of your kids! Most are also reusable, so your child can play it over and over again!
5 Great customer service
100% Happiness Guaranteed! We make sure to give you unparalleled customer satisfaction. If you have a problem, we will solve it. Because as you support our family business, we also treat you like family.
So, what are you waiting for? Subscribe now and start making learning fun for your kids!
We’d love to hear your feedback! If you have any questions, or suggestions, or want to share your experiences with The Apple Box, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Facebook and Instagram pages. While you're there, show us some love with a LIKE and FOLLOW to stay updated on more thrilling activities to enjoy with your preschooler at home! We can't wait to connect with you there!
Haven’t Tried My Pre-K Box Yet?
My Pre-K Box is the best subscription box for
kids 3-5 years of age!
Everything you need to play, create, explore,
learn, laugh, and enjoy!