Learn through the Epic Adventures Inside The Fairy Tale Box!
Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there was a magical box filled with games and epic adventures. Every child who receives it becomes happy and smart, and acquires new skills! Fast forward, it is what we have today as My Pre-K Box! And today, we are inviting you to join us in exploring the exciting adventures inside one of our new magical, themed boxes - The Fairy Tale Box!
My Pre-K Box - No prep learning kits for your little ones!
My Pre-K Box is an educational subscription box for preschoolers aged 3-5! We deliver the most fun play-based preschool learning available! Each box has its own unique theme and is filled with different learning activities to target math and literacy skills. Your kids will have fun exploring the new activities, and you will delight in the fact you are helping them with essential Kindergarten readiness skills!
Well, that was such a fancy fairy-tale-like introduction, isn’t it?! It absolutely suits our new themed box, The Fairy Tale Box! Kids love fairy tales, and even we as adults haven’t forgotten these timeless classic stories our parents told us when we were young. So, if you’re ready to look back on the memorable fairy tales (while teaching your kids valuable Kindergarten skills!) let us go on the epic adventures that await us inside The Fairy Tale Box!
What’s Inside The Fairy Tale Box?
The Fairy Tale Box consists of 2 math games, 3 literacy activities, a sensory play toy, and crafts. You can get duplicate crafts for your other kids too, or get additional crafts by subscribing to our Craft Lovers Upgrade!
Activities for Learning Math
1 Measuring Jack's Beanstalk
- Materials: Measuring Jack's Beanstalk cards, measuring tiles, Giant cards
- Game mechanics: Help Jack measure the beanstalk! Start by asking your child to select a Measuring Jack's Beanstalk card. Point out the green vertical line on the left side of the card. This serves as a measuring guide that starts at the bottom of the beanstalk and stops at the top. Let your kids line up the measuring tiles, one-by-one, from the bottom of the guide to the top, making sure there are no spaces between the measuring tiles. Once done, ask them to count the number of measuring titles. Then, let them find the matching Giant card with the number that corresponds to the measurement of the beanstalk. Do the same to the remaining cards until all cards are matched.
- About the game: The Measuring Jack's Beanstalk helps kids grasp the concept of measurement. With the help of this game, they’ll be able to understand that the ones with more blocks stacked are taller while fewer blocks stacked means the beanstalk is smaller. They can also practice counting, compare quantities, and even work on their fine motor development.
2 Which Billy Goat is Bigger?
- Materials: Which Billy Goat is Bigger? game mat, Feed the Troll game mat, goat cards, black bingo chip "stones," scissors
- Game mechanics: Cut out the troll's mouth as indicated on the game mat. Fold the two side flaps to help stand the game mat up. Separate and shuffle the brown and green goat cards, then pick a goat card from each pile. Place each card on the bridge as indicated on the game mat. Beneath each goat is a tens frame located on the bridge. Each tens frame has two rows of five circles to help children see numbers in relation to 5 and 10. Using the black bingo chip "stones," fill in the tens frame beneath each card to represent the number on the card. Fill the tens frame from left to right, completing the top row before the bottom row. Now ask your child to point out the bigger number. If he’s correct. He can feed the troll the goat card with the larger number!
- About the game: The Which Billy Goat is Bigger? game is a fun way to develop kids’ number recognition skills, counting, and comparing quantity. It also helps children see numbers in relation to 5 and 10, making counting easier as they regularly play the game. It would be fun to learn these basic math skills through games, and kids tend to remember it easier this way because they enjoy the process!
One of my favorite fairy tales is The Little Mermaid. Do you love mermaids too? If so...
Here's a magical freebie for you!
Get the Print and Go Mermaid Craft Pack today for FREE! This craft pack includes 6 colored mermaid craft templates and 2 black and white mermaid craft templates - a total of 8 lovely mermaid templates! Your little ones will adore creating these mermaids using our easy-to-use templates. Just print it and assist them in cutting out the parts, then they can easily assemble it to practice their fine motor skills! Read more about the Print and Go Mermaid Craft Pack in this blog post, or download it here.
1 Cinderella's Slippers
- Materials: Cinderella's Slippers cards
- Game mechanics: Separate capital and lowercase letter cards first. Then, ask your child to select a card with a capital letter. Instruct him to name the letter pictured on the shoe and look for the corresponding lowercase letter. Put together the cards to complete the puzzle with the matching pair of Cinderella's slippers! Continue until all matches have been made.
- About the game: The Cinderella's Slippers game is a really nice activity to help kids with their letter recognition skills. Younger kids are often confused when pairing capital and lowercase letters, but this game can help them learn and master it while having fun!
2 Three Little Pigs Syllable Sort
- Materials: three little pigs' homes, wolf cards, glue or tape
- Game mechanics: Prepare the three little pigs' homes first by rolling it into a cylinder and securing with a piece of tape. Point out which home is for 1 syllable, 2 syllables, and 3 syllables. Then, shuffle the wolf cards. Ask your child to select a card and name the word pictured on the card. If your child is not yet familiar with syllables, you can help him by segmenting the word and clapping as you say each syllable. Have your child repeat what you just did or to do it with you again. You can also raise a finger each time your child claps! This helps your child identify how many syllables are in the word based on how many fingers you have raised or the times you clapped. Lastly, instruct him to place the card inside the corresponding pig's home based on the number of syllables in the word.
- About the game: The Three Little Pigs Syllable Sort game is an adorable game for developing phonemic awareness, in particular, counting syllables. As kids become familiar with segmenting words, they begin to understand how words are formed. This helps them as they develop their reading and writing skills.
3 Rescue Rapunzel Board Game
- Materials: Rescue Rapunzel board game, two fairy tale character playing pieces, die, Player Cards, gems
- Game mechanics: Help Rapunzel escape by racing around the castle to save her and collect gems along the way--but look out! There are fairy tale villains along the way who will try to stop you. To start, ask your kid to select a Player Card and place the playing piece on start. Then, roll the die and help your kid move his playing piece according to the number rolled. If he lands on a letter space, ask your child to name the letter and/or the sound it makes. If he has the matching letter on his Player Card, cover it with a gem. However, if he lands on one of the pictured spaces, ask him to move ahead or back as indicated on the key. Once a player reaches the castle, Rapunzel has been rescued and the game is over. Count the gems on each Playing Card to see which player collected more gems. The player with the most gems wins!
- About the game: The Rescue Rapunzel Board Game is a game that can develop a lot of important Kindergarten skills for your little ones! First, they’ll learn letters and their sounds. They will also get to practice counting (the rolled die and the movements of their playing piece), and lastly, they’ll learn to follow instructions too! These may sound simple but they are important skills that they’ll need to learn more in the future!
Tee-hee-hee! Oh no, here comes the witch!
Hurry and grab the freebie!
Get the Print and Go Witch Haircut for FREE! This printable activity is a fun way to develop and practice their fine motor and scissor skills. Just print it and assist them in cutting out the parts, then they can easily assemble it and start snipping! Read more about the Print and Go Witch Haircut in this blog post, or download it here.
Sensory play and crafts
1 Unicorn Poop Metallic Slime
This lovely mythical character from fairy tales has a very unique poop too! The Unicorn Poop Metallic Slime may sound gross, but it's pretty exciting land enjoyable for little kids. Squishing and stretching as a form of sensory play help make more brain connections, which is very beneficial for their overall development.
2 Billy Goat Magnet Craft Kit
Which of the Three Billy Goats is your favorite? Whichever it is, kids will surely enjoy this Billy Goat Magnet Craft Kit! Practice their fine motor skills while assembling this adorable Billy Goat Craft.
Craft Lovers Upgrade
1 Make-Your-Own Crown Craft Kit
Make way for the crown prince and princess! Your little one will surely enjoy crafting this awesome crown and practice fine motor skills while assembling it. It will also help enhance and explore their creativity! Our Make-Your-Own Crown Craft Kit is available to our Craft Lovers Upgrade subscribers.
2 Fairy Tale Giant Sticker Scene
Kids love stickers, especially the big ones! And they will love it even more because it is a Fairy Tale Giant Sticker Scene! See how they put up scenes with the different Fairy Tale characters - it helps them develop and explore their creativity. Let them tell you their own version of a Fairy Tale using this Fairy Tale Giant Sticker Scene to practice their communication skills too!
Using My Pre-K Box learning kit is as easy as 1-2-3 with the help of our Grownup Guide! If this article already helped you understand what’s inside each box, the Grownup Guide is much more detailed with examples, suggestions, gameplay guides, and pictures too! It is so easy to understand and very user-friendly.
And they played happily ever after… the end!
I hope you find The Fairy Tale Box fun, exciting, and magical. Your little ones will be thrilled to receive one for sure! So, try out My Pre-K Box now to receive The Fairy Tale Box and prepare for fun-filled adventures and learnings with your kids.
Did you enjoy your tour inside The Fairy Tale Box? The games and activities are so adorable and educational, kids wouldn’t be able to resist playing with them! If you aren’t subscribed to My Pre-K Box and want to know more about other My Pre-K Boxes, check out some of our featured blog posts!
- Learning is Cool and Sweet Inside The Ice Cream Box
- A Sneak Peek Inside the Pirate Box: The Best Pirate-Themed Activities For Preschoolers
- An Exciting Trip Inside The Transportation Box
Why Choose My Pre-K Box?
1 Activities are play-based and learner-centered.
Every single activity is well-thought and child-friendly, and ensures learning while having fun!
2 Easy and effortless
If you would be the one to research and prepare the crafts yourself, it would be too tiring and time-consuming. But if you subscribe to My Pre-K Box, it will be delivered to your door every month, hassle-free and easy right? You can have more time for fun and quality family time!
3 Affordable prices
The monthly subscription plan costs $37.95 each month. Or you can save more by committing to a 6-month term ($32.95/month) or a 12-month term ($30.95/month). We also have regular promos and discounts! Check out our current promos here, or choose your plan now!
4 High-quality materials
All the contents of the box are carefully selected and are of top quality to ensure the safety of your kids! Most are also reusable, so your child can play it over and over again!
5 Great customer service
100% Happiness Guaranteed! We make sure to give you unparalleled customer satisfaction. If you have a problem, we will solve it. Because as you support our family business, we also treat you like family.
So, what are you waiting for? Subscribe now and start making learning fun for your kids!
Your feedback matters! Got comments, questions, or suggestions? Send us a message at email@example.com or on our social media pages on Facebook and Instagram. While you’re at it, give us a LIKE and FOLLOW us too! Be sure to share lovely photos of your kids while they enjoy The Fairy Tale Box might feature them on our website and social media pages. See you there!
Haven’t Tried My Pre-K Box Yet?
My Pre-K Box is the best subscription box for
kids 3-5 years of age!
Everything you need to play, create, explore,
learn, laugh, and enjoy!