There are tons of adorable Thanksgiving crafts for kids online, but we've gathered the easiest and cutest ones for you and your little one! With simple materials and step-by-step instructions, these projects offer a fun and creative way to bond and celebrate Thanksgiving together.
My Pre-K Box - No prep learning kits for your little ones!
Introducing My Pre-K Box, the ultimate educational subscription box for preschoolers aged 3-5! Get ready for loads of fun and learning all in one package! Each box has a cool theme and is packed with different activities to help your little ones with math and reading. They'll have a blast trying out new things, and you'll be happy knowing you're helping them get ready for kindergarten!
Thanksgiving crafts provide a wonderful opportunity for families to come together and express their gratitude during the holiday season. One prominent figure in these crafts is the turkey. Turkeys have become a symbol of Thanksgiving because they were a staple food in early American feasts and symbolized abundance. These festive crafts often feature turkeys as a reminder of the plentiful harvest that the Pilgrims and Native Americans celebrated during the first Thanksgiving. Crafting turkeys with your children allows them to explore their creativity while learning Thanksgiving traditions. So today, we’re going to share these cute turkey-themed Thanksgiving crafts for you to do at home with your little ones!
5 Easy Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
1 Paper Plate Turkey Craft
Got unused paper plates at home? Turn these into a stunning Paper Plate Turkey Craft! Using a simple paper plate, vibrant paints, colorful papers, cardboard, and googly eyes, your kids can design a majestic turkey bursting with color by doing these 4 easy steps:
- First, assist your child in painting the paper plate with brown paint. This will be the turkey’s body.
- Then, cut out colored papers for the turkey’s wings and tail. You can use orange, yellow, and red colored paper for this. Attach these cutouts to the painted paper plate.
- Draw an outline of the turkey’s head, neck, and feet on a cardboard. Cut these out and attach them in their correct position on the paper plate.
- Complete your Paper Plate Turkey Craft by adding a beak, eye, and snood!
This hands-on craft encourages creativity and fine motor skills as children paint, cut, and assemble the peacock's vibrant feathers.
2 Thanksgiving Paper Bag Craft
Instead of throwing away your paper bags from grocery shopping, turn them into a wonderful Thanksgiving Paper Bag Craft. This eco-friendly craft is a great way to teach children about the importance of recycling and reusing resources this Thanksgiving! All you need is a brown paper bag, colored paper, some glue and scissors, and a pair of googly eyes.
- Flatten the brown bag first. Fold the bottom part as this will be the turkey’s face.
- For the turkey’s tail, cut out long leaf-like shapes using red, orange, and yellow colored papers. Attach them behind the folded bottom part of the paper bag.
- Cut out a yellow triangle for its beak, a light yellow oval for its body, a red snood, and brown turkey feet.
- Attach them all to the brown paper bag and add the googly eyes to complete your Thanksgiving Paper Bag Craft!
You can also ask your little ones to write things they are thankful for in the turkey's feathers and tail! By doing this activity, they learn many things like resourcefulness, creative reusing of old materials, and of course, being grateful and appreciative. Plus, they get to practice their fine motor skills as they cut, paste, and put together the turkey craft.
Can't get enough of turkey-themed crafts?
We got the perfect freebie for you!
Check out this Rocking Turkey Craft! It really moves and rocks! You can now easily make a moving turkey craft with this free printable template. Just print, cut out, and assemble! Learn more about the Rocking Turkey Craft in this blog post, and download it here now!
3 Spoon and Snood Craft
Don't throw away those wooden ice cream spoons! Transform them into charming crafts by just adding colored papers and googly eyes. Just follow these steps:
- Prepare the materials like colored papers (red, yellow, orange, black, brown), googly eyes, scissors, and hot glue sticks.
- Cut out strips of red, yellow, and orange paper for the turkey’s tail. Draw and cut out other parts like a red snood, an orange beak, a brown body, orange strips for the legs, yellow feet, and a black hat.
- Using a hot glue gun, assemble the turkey on the wooden ice cream spoon, just like in the picture. Now your Spoon and Snood Craft is complete!
This Spoon and Snood Craft inspires kids to recycle, explore their artistic side, and enjoy a unique, feathered friend-making experience, while developing their fine motor and dexterity through cutting and pasting parts of the turkey craft.
4 Hanging Tissue Roll Turkey Project
Aside from paper plates, paper bags, and wooden ice cream spoons, we can also make use of empty tissue cores into another yet adorable recycled turkey craft! This Hanging Tissue Roll Turkey Project is a fun way to develop creativity among preschoolers, as they make their own turkeys using empty tissue core, colored tissue papers or crepe papers, feathers, colored papers, googly eyes, and a string!
- Cover the empty tissue core using dark brown colored paper.
- Next, attach the colored tissue paper or crepe paper to the feathers.
- Insert the feathers inside the empty tissue core and pull them out on the other side. You can also use hot glue to secure them inside.
- Attach the string on one end of the tissue core.
- Decorate the turkey’s face by adding the googly eyes, and colored paper cutouts of a beak and snood.
These colorful turkeys are delightful window or porch decorations, adding a warm and festive touch to your Thanksgiving celebrations!
5 Yarn-Tastic Turkey Art
Create a yarn-tastic turkey art made of paper plates, paint, and... yarn! This awesome Thanksgiving craft for kids is perfect for those who enjoy experimenting with textures and colors. With a little creativity, children can turn simple materials into a masterpiece, adding a fun and festive feel to their holiday celebrations. Just follow these steps to make your own yarn-wrapped turkey craft:
- Paint the background in warm, autumn hues to set the scene. You can use yellow and orange paint for this. Kids can also fingerpaint for more fun!
- Next, take a paper plate, and cut it into 4 to 5 triangle pieces. Wrap the middle part of these triangles with vibrant yarn in various colors, creating a textured and colorful display.
- Then, cut a light brown paper into a turkey-shaped head, add a snood and beak from colored paper, and finish off the charming turkey by attaching googly eyes.
This delightful Thanksgiving art project can help kids develop their fine motor skills as they wrap yarn and practice cutting shapes. It’s also a great opportunity for them to explore texture and experiment with vibrant colors.
Before you go…
Here’s one last freebie for you!
Learn basic math and literacy skills this fall season with matching fall-themed worksheets! Our Fall Harvest Preschool Fun Pack has it all for you! It includes 8 fall and harvest-themed worksheets that focus on counting, pre-writing, sorting, shape and letter recognition, and a lot more! Just download and print, and you'll have fall-themed fun and learning with your little one. Get it now for FREE!
Easy Thanksgiving Crafts for Preschoolers
These festive creations add a touch of Thanksgiving spirit, giving kids a creative way to express gratitude and embrace the holiday season. Enjoying Thanksgiving crafts for kids encourages their creativity and fosters an appreciation for the beauty of autumn, all while creating a wonderful turkey-themed decoration for the holiday season. Plus, these hands-on opportunities can teach them about the spirit of Thanksgiving and the joy of crafting!
These adorable Thanksgiving crafts for kids are so fun and easy to make. And if you want more fun and exciting crafts but got no time to prepare and gather materials for them, My Pre-K Box is the answer to your problem! Our boxes are filled with fun crafts and lots of exciting hands-on activities! Each month features a new theme, which lots of kids look forward to. Our hands-on learning tools are play-based, targeting math and literacy skills. It also includes sensory play, fun thematic crafts, and a grownup guide.
The games and activities in My Pre-K Boxes are made with love and guaranteed to be of top quality. It is also kid-and-adult-friendly, very practical, and reusable! If your child has siblings, it can be shared and can be used again and again! We also offer duplicates of the crafts, since these are mostly not reusable. You can get a sibling pack for only $7.95 a month! Craft lovers can also subscribe to our Craft Lovers Upgrade, which comes with more fun crafts and two additional arts and crafts activities for just $8.95 per child.
With all the fun and exciting activities inside My Pre-K Box, your child won’t even notice he’s learning a lot! And as parents, we wouldn't have to worry about the hassle of researching, planning, and making the activities! We can simply guide and watch them learn in the convenience of our home - with the help of My Pre-K Box!
In the meantime, we'd love to see what you made! Send us photos and videos of your little one enjoying these Thanksgiving crafts, or post them using the hashtag #myprekbox! Know another great Thanksgiving-themed craft? Share it with us! Tag us on Facebook or Instagram and be sure to LIKE and FOLLOW us on these social media pages to get updates on new crafts and free printables!
Want to try My Pre-K Box?
My Pre-K Box is the best subscription box for
kids 3-5 years of age!
Everything you need to play, create, explore,
learn, laugh, and enjoy!